OpenEdge Architect 10.2A03 Development

sdjensen

Hi

Is there any plugin that allow me to create some javadoc from our .p code?

When coding in Java in eclipse you can write the beginning of a variable name and it will suggest the best match for you including the comments for the variable.

Is this possible in Openedge?

Example:
DEFINE VARIABLE test AS CHARACTER LABEL "My Label" NO-UNDO. /*comment*/

When I type "te" and press ctrl+space it should popup with "variable test character comment"
Now it popups with "variable test CHARACTER"

GregTomkins

That's not the same as JavaDoc, though I suppose both that and JavaDoc are considered to be useful in some far reaches of the universe.

jgreen

That would be a huge improvement to Architect, and bring it one step closer to modern IDEs like Visual Studio, and Eclipse for Java. I've got a product which generates HTML from ABL very similar to javadoc, but it does not yet go that important extra step to pull it into Architect. Peter Judge at PSC asked me about it a while ago, and I think it's an awesome idea. Anybody who could write an Eclipse plug-in could probably take on the task of integrating Architect and AutoDox2. I'd love to do it, but I don't know when I'll be able to find the time (or funding).

I know that with Eclipse for Java, you can tell your Java project the directory for the HTML javadoc for the libraries you are using. That code could probably be re-used.

sdjensen

That's not the same as JavaDoc, though I suppose both that and JavaDoc are considered to be useful in some far reaches of the universe.

I know that is not the same but I'm trying to teach my colleagues to make documentation when coding and it would help if OpenEdge could assist me in the task ;-)