oe architect v.11.7 x windows

maretix

Hi to all.
I installed on Windows 10 workstation , an OE 11.7 for Windows.
My issue is that i ' d like to install a free software called DATADIGGER ( i think very useful for me ).

I followed instructions and i was able to install it.
My issue is that i receive an error when i run this program…

I run a shortcut written like this :

C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prowin.exe -T C:\OpenEdge\WRK -p DataDigger.r -basekey “INI” -pf C:\OpenEdge\WRK\cometb01.pf

I receive error : msgOpen: unable to open file PROMSG.

I read on web some useful articles to solve my problem but i am not able to solve …
(Progress KB - Client connections unable to open message file:PROMSGS.)

I understood i should modify file PROGRESS.INI , i attach below my progress.ini ...
I added an entry to specify PROMSG variable ...

I added this entry ;
PROMSGS=C:\Progress\OpenEdge\promsg

Surely i do mistakes , who can help me ???

Regards in advance.

Attachments

• 1548953834035.png
    1548953834035.png
    965.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1548954187386.png
    1548954187386.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 9

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I receive error : msgOpen: unable to open file PROMSG.
This error can mean that you have a problem with your .ini file. When you use -basekey "ini", you should follow it with an ininame parameter, indicating the path to the file and its name, e.g.: … -basekey "ini" -ininame "C:\OpenEdge\WRK\progress.ini" …. Change the file name and path to suit your situation.

maretix

This error can mean that you have a problem with your .ini file. When you use -basekey "ini", you should follow it with an ininame parameter, indicating the path to the file and its name, e.g.: … -basekey "ini" -ininame "C:\OpenEdge\WRK\progress.ini" …. Change the file name and path to suit your situation.

Thanks Rob.

I passed my problem… with your suggestion ….
I have another problem … but i thanks you a lot. :)