OE 10.2b and Windows 2008 server

gasomma

Hello to all,I tried to install OE 10.2b Studio and OE Workgroup RDBMS 10.2b on Windows server 2008.Big problem: progress explorer tool does not working (not start). Event viewer show me error message "faulting application mmc.exe....".Somebody can help me?Another question: progress explorer tool replace procontrol?ThxJCA

gasomma

I red this message form Casper.

For Vista make sure that:
  1. you are running with 'run as admin'
  2. "msjavx86.exe" was installed
What Windows 2008 is concerned:
Progress Explorer doesn't run on Wndos server 2008...

Casper.

What I have to use instead Procontrol, if Progress Explorer doesn't run on Wndos server 2008?

Thx
JCA

Stefan

OpenEdge Explorer. It is installed automatically when installing 10.2B (for 10.2A it is a free download that needs to be installed separately), it is a web interface, by default it listens to port 9090.

gasomma

Stefan,

OpenEdge explorer replace ProControl? Or in 10_2b what replace ProControl (if still needs).

Thx for your help.
JCA

Stefan

procontrol was replaced by Progress Explorer Tool / AdminServer in Progress 9. In 10.2A due to (jvm) issues with Progress Explorer on Windows 2008, the OpenEdge Explorer was introduced.

Stefan

Read the manual / see Progress Knowledge base. Changing default port is explained there.

The easiest option is to temporarily disable the app using port 9090, install and start OEE - the start screen allows you to adjust the port. Then restart all.

gasomma

Stefan, I changed, now work properly,
But I have another problem. I installed a lot of workgroup license 9.1d without problem.

Now with 10.2a I have this message on event viewer when I try to connect database on remote machine :

The description for Event ID 14658 from source DOMOPOS_PROGRESS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

I check anythings without result. May you have suggest for me.
Thx
JCA
The following information was included with the event:
Messaggio dal database PROGRESS d:\ob1\domopos (5199)
SERVER : Messaggio precedente inviato per conto dell'utente 24, pid server 13000, pid broker 17084. (5512) (14658)
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

RealHeavyDude

I don't like the OpenEdge database writing to the Windows event viewer at all. If you are with me on this you could prevent this from happening by including -evtlevel none to the startup parameters of the offending database ...

Same is true for the client - add the same startup parameter ...

Maybe this helps, RealHeavyDude.

gasomma

I add the parameters. Don't see none.
Client machine continues to show message: Don't connect with server for (dbname) ernno 10060 (1432).
Very strange. The DB in the local machine (server machine) works properly.