ODBC driver - Progress 7.3E

asbjorne

I'm desperatly looking for a odbc driver for Progress 7.3E. I want to export data to an oracle db. Anyone know where I can find it?

If anyone has an alternative solution, please don't hesitate to reply. ;)

Kind regards,
Asbjorn

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Do you have a running Progress 7.3 database?

If you have at least a "query" license then you may be better off simply exporting the data to ascii files.

asbjorne

Thank you for the reply.

I have a running 7.3E database and an only query licence. I've tried to run some scripts, but since they are uncompiled they will not run.

Any suggestions how I can extract all the data to ascii?

I've never used progress before this project, so any clues to what to do and how to do it will be greatly appreciated.

Girish Girigowd

Have you tried any of the Meriant drivers that are available? Also datadirect had a few generic drivers, not sure if they support 7.3E.

asbjorne

Trying to locate both the merant driver and the datadirect 4.0 driver without any luck. Do you know where I can get them? Can only find newer drivers (without progress 7.x support..)

I'm also trying to export the data to ascii files. I have scripts for it, but can't compile them due to only query licence. I don't have Xcode either, so haven't been able to benefit of the encrypt/compile "workaround".

I also tried running data administration with -rx option, but export options are still greyed out.

Girish Girigowd

Did you try datadirect? They have a trial download for ODBC connections, not sure if it will work with 7.1E. When you say query only version, do you mean you cannot create any 4GL/SQL procedures to export data?

asbjorne

Unfortunately the new datadirect odbc drivers does not support v. 7.

And I can't compile or run uncompiled code with the licence I have for progress. I've got the people who created and administered the database the last years to have a look at it. Hopefully they still have their progress software...

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
A query license will allow you to run 4GL programs to dump the data. Compiling them to .r is not necessary.

7.3 is painfully old.