ODBC connection to Progress DB from Windows server 2008 R2

prkikis

Hi, I'm working in Windows server 2008 R2 64bit with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 there is also installed QAD client, OpenEdge. They connecting to another linux server (QAD ERP).
I need connect to progress db (or anything to get data:)).
(I don't know anything about QAD Openedge, progress db).
What is Steps in detail?
I added image which show how I try to connect
this ODBC driver is 32bit (Found in C:\Windows\SysWOW64), but it will probably work....
pr.jpg

The admin of all this system gave UserID and Password and I can login in : QAD Enterprise Applications 2010 SE and QAD CRM 6.4 .

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
In the dialog above:

• Host name is the name of the server where the Progress database resides; obviously, you must be able to resolve this name in Windows.
  • Port number is the TCP port on that server on which a Progress SQL broker is listening.
  • Database name is the logical name of the database. User ID is the user name of a SQL user that exists in the database.
  • After entering this information you will also be prompted for that user's password. All of this information would be provided to you by the Progress database/system administrator.

Also note above that there is an "Advanced" dialog in that screenshot. Go to that tab and set the transaction isolation level to "read uncommitted". If you don't, you will be taking excessive locks on the records or tables you are querying.

The admin of all this system gave UserID and Password and I can login in : QAD Enterprise Applications 2010 SE and QAD CRM 6.4 .

Did he give you a userid to log in to the application? If so, you can't use this to connect via ODBC. You need credentials of a SQL user on the database. Also be aware that unless the user in question has DBA privilege (and it shouldn't), they won't have any privileges (select, update, create, delete, etc.) on any objects unless they have been granted explicitly in advance.

If the 32-bit driver doesn't work, your admin can obtain a 64-bit driver from Progress (probably though QAD).