ODBC (Access Denied) ???

slamdunk8384

I'm trying to connect a ProgressDB 9.1E throught DATADIRECT 4.10 but can fix the problem with the Access Denied error.

I managed to get the DB connected (throught DATADIRECT 4.10 ) and I can see my tables with the fields in it. (I'm using Access for this)
But when I try to open the a table or do a query on a table I get "Access Denied (7512)"-error?

I did set the priviliges for my user using the data administration. ( I think I did because I made a user and gave that user administratiev rights)

Can anybody help me?

Sancho

Hi,

Go to Progress SQL Explorer. Connect using user defined in you data administration.

Once connected, issue the following statement.

select * from sysprogress.sysdbauth

A list of DBA will be shown to you.

If none of DBA is in your Data Admin user list, create userid using one of the DBA.

Go back to Progress SQL Explorer and connect again using the DBA you have added in the Data Admin.

You should have sufficient priviledges to GRANT/REVOKE to any user.

ie.
GRANT DBA TO 'newuser';
GRANT SELECT ON pub.customer TO newuser;
COMMIT;

Paul Haywood

Hi there.

I am having a very similar problem to that described by 'slamdunk8384'.

I am using the Openedge 10 driver to try and connect to our OpenAccounts software (a financial package that runs on Progress)

I see the tables and fields but get the same error message when trying to pull the data back into Excel.

I have opened up the Data Administration tool to see if I could create a new user with the appropriate rights but the admin function does not appear to be active.

It may be that I looking in the wrong place but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul