Answered New Forum

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
It seems we're moving to a new forum. I've no idea if you can see this post though as I only seem to be able to see threads I've actually posted in... lol :)

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Seems quite nice... the proof will be how good the search is etc

Right now we are using the basic search logic included with XenForo. However I did invest in the XenForo enhanced search module, since I know that is a very important feature to have here. This search uses the Elasticsearch engine, more details available here: http://www.elasticsearch.org/

This should give the forums a super fast search engine that is also full featured.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
It seems we're moving to a new forum. I've no idea if you can see this post though as I only seem to be able to see threads I've actually posted in... lol :)

Seems that moderators were missing the view any thread/post permission for some odd reason. Let me know if you run into any other permission issues.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Splitting out posts into a new thread works, as does deleting posts. That's the most important stuff all working. I'll have to try out the banning user stuff the next time Tom get's uppity with a user who's running v6 ;)

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
While updating my sig I came across the following:
Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link

For this HomePage URL Account Setting, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
The number of posts you have created must exceed: 4 (Yours: 3405)
The number of Likes you've received must exceed: 2 (Yours: 31)
The Like:post Ratio must exceed: 9% (Yours: 1%)
The number of days you have been registered must exceed: 4 (Yours: 2861)

The ratio of "likes" to "posts" is going to be huge -- 1) this community isn't in the habit of liking posts and 2) the capability is fairly new -- so people with a history are going to be at a serious disadvantge.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
While updating my sig I came across the following:

The ratio of "likes" to "posts" is going to be huge -- 1) this community isn't in the habit of liking posts and 2) the capability is fairly new -- so people with a history are going to be at a serious disadvantge.

I removed that likes/post ratio requirement, so only the others need to be met. I also allowed sponsors to bypass the spam rules all together.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Thanks Chris. Larry, you can buy me a beer anytime :) Stefan... Can I interest you in some pills? I promise they *really* work :)