Need Verification of costing - Urgent

Tim Ewing

I zeroed out the standard cost for some inventory items directly in the sct_det. I need verification that in MFGPro the GL will not be automatically affected at some point in the furure. I want to verify that we have to create a journal entry to affect the GL.

The cost adjustment entry will be passed by system when you change the cost of item. If you have passed any manual JV for the same then you need to reverse it.

Note: are you doing it from back end? if you are changing the cost from backend then it will not have any affect on GL

lig.qad

Tim, sgs.prasad is correct... transaction type CST-ADJ is the result of manually changing the GL cost, rolling the cost directly on the GL cost set or after doing a cost-set to cost set copy.

Not clear on what you mean by "want to verify that we have to create a journal entry to affect the GL".

If the inventory account is out of balance with the inventory valuation there are other issues... any change in qty or cost (or any other type of transaction) should be correctly reflected in GL and match the InvValue. Check GL for non inventory related transactions; the most common cause of unbalance, aside delete or change of transactions.... if this happens a lot, check if there inventory account is used somewhere else in the setup of product lines.

and no... sct_det SHOULD NOT be modified directly... just in case.