Need Urgent Help

awbc

Hi
I'm new in Progress DB. So i'm not sure which topic group should i address my matter. If i'm in the right place, hope someone here can help me if not let me know which forum group should i address my matter.

Okay this is my situation. I'm actually supporting a project which is done under Ms Access 2002(XP) that connects to Progress DB 92 v9.1D.

When i try to execute a queries i face this error

ODBC-Call failed
[DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC PROGRESS Driver][PROGRESS]Lock Table is full.(7870)(#-210016)

I would like to know how do i solve this problem. Hope someone can help me in this mattar.

Regards
Adrian

tonym

Have a look how your data source is defined in control panel datasources, select the advanced tab and make sure it is set to read umcommitted. This will read records from the database with no lock status

Tarby777

awbc said:
Hi
I'm new in Progress DB. So i'm not sure which topic group should i address my matter. If i'm in the right place, hope someone here can help me if not let me know which forum group should i address my matter.

Okay this is my situation. I'm actually supporting a project which is done under Ms Access 2002(XP) that connects to Progress DB 92 v9.1D.

When i try to execute a queries i face this error

ODBC-Call failed
[DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC PROGRESS Driver][PROGRESS]Lock Table is full.(7870)(#-210016)

I would like to know how do i solve this problem. Hope someone can help me in this mattar.

Regards
Adrian

Assuming the lock table is the one in the Progress database itself, as opposed to some internal ODBC structure, it's a parameter that you set when you start the broker process (_mprosrv / proserve) for the database. Take a look at the database startup script and see if there is a value specified for "-L". If there is, increase it. If there isn't, try adding "-L 10000" to it, and then stop and restart the database.

HTH
Tarby