Need to Hide frame field within the Frame

Hi All,

I need to hide one frame field within the frame. I have two frames a1 and a2. When there is entry to frame a2 from a1, I need to hide one field in frame a2.

Example

form
v1
v2
with frame a1.

form
v3
v4
with frame a2.

Now, when I make entry into frame a2 for updation, I need to hide frame field "v4". I have used trigger to capture the entry into frame a2, but not able to get the syntax to hide the frame field.

Thanks & Regards
Prasad

mhtan88

may i know what version of progress are you using?

try to use

dynamic-function('hidewidget' in target-procedure, '<fieldname>' ).

the target-procedure should be ur viewer 's target-procedure. i'm not use frame b4, therefore, maybe a bit different on the target-procedure. hope this can help you.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
That looks like a function specific to a certain framework.

The more general solution is to use the HIDE statement.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I used the handle to store the frame field and then used "visible" attribute to hide the field. Now I am able to hide field, but problem arised in pop up of frame. The field is not getting hide when frame gets pop up. It is getting hide after key in of first field. Please let me know do we have any trigger event which will get fired on pop up of frame. As iam writting wrapper program, I wont be knowing the frame name to use the following trigger phrase "on entry of frame <static frame name>". I am using following code, but the triggered is not fired on pop of "a2" frame , instead it is fired after key in first field, v3.

on 'entry' anywhere do:
if frame-name = "a2" then do:
run get-wh("a2", "v4" ,output frmfld, output frmname). /*procedure to fetch the frame field name*/
frmfld:visible = false.
end.
end.

Thanks & Regards
Prasad