Need to email vendors and have pos and other forms in pdf format

malawarayan

Hi all,
we want to email our vendors of the PO with the Logos and others. Also it is desired that we have this forms in pdf. What we have now is jet forms. And we are not to do the same. Help !

rchurch

If you already have Jetforms then why not just use that? There are a couple of methods you can use with Jetforms.

malawarayan

hi

i need some help in jet forms like what is it and how can i actually go about it to implement the clients need !
some tutorials and pdf in this regard will be greatly appreciated !
Can you get me those ????

luebbert

Adobe Acrobat

I would recommend using Adobe Acrobat (full version) to create a PDF form that contains blank fields that are uniquely identified.

I would then use Progress to generate an FDF text file that contains the name of the blank PDF form, and also the field names and desired values.

Clicking on the FDF text file will first open the blank PDF and then populate the fields with the values from the FDF. This can be done with Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document can then be printed or saved.

Usually, creation of documents like purchase orders need to be automated, and this will require a scripting tool and server process. Let me know if you would like some ideas or assistance on how to develop an automated process. Sending the FDF file via email can also be automated but would require the master PDF document to be placed on your website.

One big advantage of using the FDF technique is the size of the file is much smaller than a document in PDF format.

This is a good tutorial on the topic:
http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?WebPageID=338