Question Need Some Help With Browse And Lookups

VinceTran

I'm newbie, using QAD 2015EE and having some trouble with browse and lookups. Then having few questions:
1. How can I create a browse with more than 1 prefix filter? I'm using browse maintenance and cannot find any tab to declare these filter thing.
2. In Drill-down/lookup maintenance, calling procedure and procedure to execute, how the difference?
3. How do I set this lookup in my source code? In form part? or in define the variable?

dulecki

Let's see if this helps or not.

0) Make sure you've right-clicked on the tabs in the bottom of Browse Maintenance to choose "Show All Tabs". Several useful tabs are hidden by default.

1) What do you mean by "prefix filter"? If you're referring to the ability to filter the results based on certain prefixes in a field, you can do that in the Filter field under the Query tab. Just add the appropriate code in there.

2) Calling procedure is the program you're going to be running when you want to invoke a browse. Procedure to execute is the browse program you want to run. So if you want to be able to launch browse ppbr100.p from program ppptmt.p, ppptmt.p is the calling procedure and ppbr100.p is the procedure to execute. If calling procedure is pp*.p, then ppbr100.p is accessible from any program that starts with "pp"

3) If I understand you correctly, you don't do anything. You create the browse in Browse Maintenance as either a power or lookup browse. Power browses generally go on a menu, and lookup browses are linked via drill-down maintenance.

Check the QAD Learning Center and documentation for browses. There's lots of useful stuff in there. And if you'd like consulting help on browses, that's one of my specialty areas. Feel free to reach out to me to schedule or discuss.

VinceTran

Thanks for your reply, I figured out myself 2 and 3 also on that day
With the 1st one, I mean whenever I open that lookup to search for my items, the browse come up with 2 more default filter.
If it just normal browse in menu, I can add it to favorite to use again. But I'm not sure how it work as a lookup.

dulecki

Hmmm.... not sure what triggers a browse to start with multiple filters available. I'll keep looking around.

Edgar Chinchilla

Hmmm.... not sure what triggers a browse to start with multiple filters available. I'll keep looking around.
Any news guys?

I also need "With the 1st one, I mean whenever I open that lookup to search for my items, the browse come up with 2 more default filter."