Need MXP Documents for all the modules

sriink

hi All,
I am new to MXP, but i have basic knowledge on ERP as i have worked on MFGPRO. Could any one help me in getting the MXP documents.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Srini

jongpau

Hi,

For starters, maybe you can tell us what version of MXP you are using, that might be helpful in finding what you need. Are you interested in info about a specific module maybe? Also, where are you? Meaning, what country are you in?

I am not sure if I have any docos for MXP; it's been a couple of years since I last used and worked on the software. But, I could possibly have some CDs left laying around somewhere, so I may be able to dig something up. And, you can always try asking questions on here, you never know how many (former) MXP users are out there :)

Ohh yes, and there is always Foresight Software: http://www.foresight-esp.com, you may be able to contact someone there.

sriink

hi Jongpau,
I am using MXP 8.3, I am intrested with all Manufacturing, Distribution and Finance modules basically. I am in Bangalore, India. Thank you for your response. Please send across what ever (docs, web address) related to MXP is available.

regards
Srini

Hi,

For starters, maybe you can tell us what version of MXP you are using, that might be helpful in finding what you need. Are you interested in info about a specific module maybe? Also, where are you? Meaning, what country are you in?

I am not sure if I have any docos for MXP; it's been a couple of years since I last used and worked on the software. But, I could possibly have some CDs left laying around somewhere, so I may be able to dig something up. And, you can always try asking questions on here, you never know how many (former) MXP users are out there :)

Ohh yes, and there is always Foresight Software: http://www.foresight-esp.com, you may be able to contact someone there.

jongpau

Hi Srini,

You are in India and using MXP 8.3? Interesting, since the 8.3 version was in the days I worked with it a very much a European version of the application (not sure if Foresight ever adopted the European changes that were made by Axias, or created their own version 8.3, but I seem to remember that they went to work on things like "FrameWorks" and "Decade" back then). Anyway, may I ask who you work for? -> feel free to private message me regarding this if you prefer.

Most improvements in 8.3 (compared to 8.2/8.1 it was based on) were in the Service Management, Contract Management and Helpdesk area and I remember some changes in the obvious areas such as ar and ap.

I do remember that, in the character version, a lot of documentation used to be included in the software itself, where every module and program had fairly extensive online help. If I remember well, the "GUI" version had a windows help file that was basically a copy of the same text as available in the character version.

Anyway, I will see on the weekend if I can find anything else for you.

Paul