Multiple record-lines in Report-Builder

MarcvanGeel

Hi everyone,

I'm still having some trouble with Report Builder. The problem is that I want to display two seperate tables in the record-lines band-line.

On the left I've got some orderlines and on the left I want to display some totals. But the totals are repeated for every order-line. So if you have 4 totals you want to display, then order-line 1 is displayed with 4 totals, order-line 2 is displayed with 4 totals and so on.

I know that with Business-Objects it is possible to display multiple tables.

Hope that anyone can help me

Jenie888

What are buisness Objects? They are in Report Builder?

I don't think I am getting a clear picture of what you are trying to accomplish.

I believe you mean you want to have:

Tables:
Order
Order-lines
-----------------------------------------
Report layout:
Order information
Order-line[1]
Order-line[2]
Order-line[N]

Is this correct?

You can do this with grouping.
By grouping on Order number you are grouping the order-lines together. by doing that you can create OrderGroup Bandlines.
You can place the totals on the OrderBandline footer.

Jenifer

MarcvanGeel

Thanks for your reaction, but what I want to accomplish is:

In the record-line band-line:

Table 1 Record 1 Table 2 Record 1
Table 1 Record 2 Table 2 Record 2
Table 1 Record 3 Table 2 Record 3
Table 1 Record 4
Table 1 Record 5

I can display the 2 tables next to eachother, but the oucome looks like this:

Table 1 Record 1 Table 2 Record 1
Table 1 Record 1 Table 2 Record 2
Table 1 Record 1 Table 2 Record 3
Table 1 Record 2 Table 2 Record 1
Table 1 Record 2 Table 2 Record 2

and so on.

Both tables are joined to the same master-table, but are not joined to eachother.

Hopefully this clarifies the problem

Jenie888

Unless the tables have a one to one relational join with one another I'm not sure it can be done in Report Builder.

Report builder doesn't have collumn capabilities unfortunatly, however you can have it display a designated number or records accross by going to
Properties -> Record Layout
** This does not work with groupings.

However, like I said if the relational join is one to many then table one will be repeated for each of the correstponding table 2 records and you would then need groupings to contruct an accurate report.

When writing reports like this I query through the tables and move all necessary data into a cry table. A cry table is just a table I use for reporting. Instead of using my actual tables I use this cry table which is a summary of all needed information which will be displayed ont he report.