MS Authentication changes

Tarby777

Hi all,

I believe Microsoft are rolling out some changes around authentication for apps that consume certain MS APIs this week - I'm not sure of the scope, but I know I have a couple of processes that have suddenly started failing!

One is a file upload into SharePoint that I wrote using the OE HTTP client in v11.6 (I know) to call SharePoint's REST API (GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl/files/add). This week - with no changes at my end - I've started getting errors like this:

• Secure Socket Layer (SSL) failure. error code -54: unable to get local issuer certificate: for 607986c7.0 in C:\Progress\OpenEdge\certs (9318)
  • Connection failure for host [my company's SharePoint website] port 443 transport TCP. (9407)

It works once in a while but fails - say - 9 times out of 10. As an aside, I've also started hitting authentication issues in a Progress routine that sends emails out via Office 365. I know a few of us here use Progress to speak to various bits of O365 - is anyone hitting similar errors all of a sudden?

TIA
Tarby
(Dreaming of retirement)

Last edited:

Tarby777

All good - the MS changes included a new root certificate for the SharePoint website, which I had to import into the OE cert store. My routine is happy again now...