Movil Apps with webspeed

rguerrer

Hi everyone again,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for help me when i need it, i think this colaboration between everyone has a great effect in people who work with progress tools.

Well, my need it today si about movil app, someone has have experienced with that? I mean, i have a webspeed app, but we are looking to generate a movil version (for Iphne, Android, Windows Phone), is there some tool to facilitate this? or its just to know a good metodolgy?

Thanks all again and have a good day.

We work with Openedge 10.0B05 (Apache)

RealHeavyDude

As of now Progress does not provide anything special for mobile applications. Come OpenEdge 11.2 ( beginning of 2013? ) they will start introduce functionality into the platform specially purposed for mobile applications. As far as I know they are shooting for HTML5 and JQuery as least common denominator on which they will build.

There is a webinar which you might find interesting:

If you can't wait until that is available you need to roll your own solution. As there are different mobile platforms you need to make decisions upfront what you are shooting for:
  • Concentrate on individual platforms and build special versions of your client for iOS, Android, Windows 8 - you name it.
  • Pursue a generic way which will probably also lead you to build on HTML5 and JQuery

Anyway, if you go for HTML5 and JQuery you can stay with WebSpeed otherwise you might want to interface whatever client platform technology you choose with an open standard like Web Services with the Progress AppServer.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.