Mfg/pro install in linux.

kzhu

Dear all,

I would like to install the mfg/pro in linux system, when I run /mnt/cdrom/proinst -b /mnt/cdrom/installd.ini, I get the information like following:

line 98: /mnt/_ovrly: cannot execute binary file
The installation terminated abnormally.
Do you wish to delete the installation files before exiting? (y/n)

How to install it?
I beg your help, thank you very much!

W.Wulmsen

Normaly when I install Progress under linux I don't use any additional parameters.
I startup the /mnt/cdrom/proinst from the /tmp directory.

First lookup with the ls command if the disk is mounted correctly.
The startup script is capital sensitive.

- Which version of linux and more important with what kernel are you using
- Which version of Progress do you want to install
- Which version MFG/Pro do you want to install

Waiting for you response.

kzhu

Dear W,

-Redhat linux 9.0, I don't ensure the version of the kernel, because I just begin use it.
-Progress 9.1D
-Mfg/pro eb2 sp1

I am not good at linux, can you tell me the detail information about install mfg/pro under linux?

Thank your help very much!

Yours kane.

ddavis

In the install document for progress is specific instructions for how to mount the cdrom for the install. You should follow those instructions carefully.

Also, for redhat 9 to work with progress, you will need to make sure that you have installed first the compat-libstdc++ package that allows redhat to work with older style applications, and second, the correct version of java for your release of progress. Both are important.

You need the libstdc++ package for progress to run.

You need the exact version of java specified (not higher or lower) in order for all aspects of the admin service to run correctly. You may have multiple installed versions of java if you need a different version of java for some other application, but you'll save yourself trouble if you install the correct version and set the PATH for the install session to find that java when you type java --version.

progressgid

Did it helped?

Had the same problem before on Debian, but not with CentOS 4.0. Now installed CentOS 5.0 and it did not worked!