Lost (tag) data when doing the FREEZING

TruongDoHoang

Dear professionals,

Do you ever in this CASE?

We were preparing the FREEZING process for Stock Counting. Some of my guys broke rule: doing some transactions during Freezing Process_Doing TRANSFER item from Location to Lacation.

And the problem happenned, some of Inventory record had no TAG No. <while theirs data that I extracted before Freezing had them>.

Does anyone can let me know how to fix this case?
<i.e: Create new bulk tags for the item have no tags or ignore them_do nothing>

Regards

TruongDoHoang

In this case, it is better to delete the old tag and create new tag for new freezing qty.
Hi,
I also thought about this solution (re-freezing). However, it was late due to we just recognized this problem after physically counting (i.e stocktaking).

Does anyone have the same situation?
I think I need some experience in order to compare between the frozen data and the inventory data (in order to avoid mismatching data)

Regards.

Then you can directly go for CYCLE RECOUNT instead of tag entries. Perform cycle recount for the latest stock counting. It will have both Inventory and GL impact.

TruongDoHoang

Then you can directly go for CYCLE RECOUNT instead of tag entries. Perform cycle recount for the latest stock counting. It will have both Inventory and GL impact.
Thank you for your feedback.
Perhaps it is the method for this case, we also consider using Cycle count for the Inventory data had but the Tag data no have. So, there were 3 options:
1. Ignore them
2. Bulk tag
3. Cycle count

-----
But you can see that, It can not solve the problem totally. As long as you recognize there are some difference in No. of data between Tag data and Inventory data, we can apply Cycle count for those inventories have no Tag data?!

How can we recognize that we lost Tag data?
-----

Besides, between Freezing and Cycle Count, we just choose one as the POLICY applied. Do you agree?

If there are any more comments, please let me know.

Regards