Looking for your help

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys/Gals,

We've done several major projects with log-based replication in the last couple of years.

Partly due to DataXtend ignoring OpenEdge which is also true for the other Progress companies.

And also partly due to the redo phase delay and how rigid AI replications are, same version, sub-version, patch number, OS, that makes them unsuitable in many cases not to mention the licensing costs.

We're interested in a company(s) to launch a replication product.

Company(s) interested in replicating to another database type (Oracle, SQL Server even MySQL) for integration, modern reporting tools, getting around earlier Progress version SQL engine capabilities/performance issues.

Or even as warm spare replication solution to a different version, OS. Unlike AI replication you can bring the database online and use it for to offload reporting activity to that server.

We've even discussed a way to use log-based replication to do an almost 100% online dump and load, version, hardware migrations etc. now wouldn't that be cool !

Guys if you or any company you know might be interested please let me know. It's one project I strongly believe in thats both very practical.

And I'll also be eternally grateful :)