loading df file in progress using cmd prompt(load_df.p)

sacharya2701

Hi,

I am new to Progress on Linux. I have been part of the windows development.

I would like to know about the process to load the df using linux commands without loading data dictionary.

sacharya2701

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Its not something is not working on the above thread. I am trying to do the analysis on the Progress linux environment to load the new df to an existing DB, without using database administration.

Could be using a script load trigger some procedure or commands to load df. Is it possible to do?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
So you’re asking a new question about a different subject?

Instead of polluting a 13 year old thread with off topic rambling you should open a new thread specific to your actual question. Try to provide a clear explanation of what you are trying to accomplish, what resources you have, what you have already tried and what problems you are having. You will get a much better response once you do that.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Its not something is not working on the above thread. I am trying to do the analysis on the Progress linux environment to load the new df to an existing DB, without using database administration.

Could be using a script load trigger some procedure or commands to load df. Is it possible to do?
Your description is brief so I am guessing somewhat about what you are trying to accomplish.

This may help: How to programmatically dump and load database definitions (.df's) and data (.d's) files using Data Administration routines

That will work if the "existing DB" is an empty database, i.e. it contains Progress meta-schema but no application schema.

If the existing DB already contains some application schema then you will need a different approach. You will need to look into creating and then loading an incremental .df.