Land Scape printing - Xerox printer

Hi,

Please let me know If any one have done Printer Setup Maintenance in Mfgro for LandScape printing for Xerox printer. I have tested with all types of control characters but not able to print in Landscape. The page is printing in Portrait. Please give me the control characters if any one have already setup the same.

Thanks & Regards
Prasad

kolonuk

Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but in PCL we send these commands to our Xerox printers:

Portrait :
Code:
E&l0OE(s0p17h0s1b4102T
Landscape :
Code:
E&l1OE(s0p17.6h0s1b4102T
where E is the escape character CHR(27). The numbers are for page sizing - not sure how they are configured, but you might want to try here.

Most printers should accept PCL commands, at least, all the ones I have come across do!

Thanks for reply,

I have tried that and it is not working. but one thing I have tried with some other option like , In device path name itself I gave -o landscape and it is working upto some mark. I think in unix it is very difficult using control characters.

Prasad

kolonuk

When you say "upto some mark", do you mean you get some printed output??

If you do get something, then it may be that you don't have the coordinates set up properly...

Don't forget that in portrait view you are rotating the paper around the bottom-left point.

Grab a bit of paper, lay it on a flat surface in portrait orientation. Now put your finger on the bottom-left corner, then turn it 90 degrees clockwise to make it landscape.

Imagine that the actual image that you are drawing stayed still - to get it to draw on the bit of paper now in landscape mode, you have to rework the co-ordinates for lines and points (horizontal becomes vertical and vice-versa).

The coordinate system for printing is fixed, and doesn't change with the orientation - the only thing that changes is where you draw your output.