invoking report builder via prophp

alexbo

Hi,
I've installed on my win2k progress server a library that permit to run a .p procedure from a .php file and it runs quite well.
(see http://www.geocities.com/ncsoft/progress/prophp.htm)

Now I will invoke in a .p Report Builder via aderb\_printrb([parameters]) to print a report directly on a printer, but I am unable to do this; I have back error 293 "aderb\_printrb" not found.
Does anybody know how to solve this issue ?

Listing is
RUN aderb\_printrb(
"R:\DLC\BIN\RBREPORT.PRL", /* RB-REPORT-LIBRARY */
/* RB-REPORT-NAME */
"_testl",
/* RB-DB-CONNECTION */
"",
/* RB-INCLUDE-RECORDS - letter S */
"S",
/* RB-FILTER */
"",
/* RB-MEMO-FILE */
"",
/* RB-PRINT-DESTINATION */
"",
/* RB-PRINTER-NAME */
"",
/* RB-PRINTER-PORT */
"",
/* RB-OUTPUT-FILE */
"",
/* RB-NUMBER-COPIES - zero */
/* RB-BEGIN-PAGE - zero */
/* RB-END-PAGE - zero */
/* RB-TEST-PATTERN */
no,
/* RB-WINDOW-TITLE */
"",
/* RB-DISPLAY-ERRORS */
yes,
/* RB-DISPLAY-STATUS */
yes,
/* RB-NO-WAIT */
no,
/* RB-OTHER-PARAMETERS */
"").

jongpau

Looks to me that the aderb folder is not in the ProPath of your client session that is executed through prophp, so that would be the place to check. I believe that prophp uses a character Progress client? If that is the case you may also want to check whether the Report Builder functionality is supported at all (because as far as I can remember it is available in GUI Progress only)

Other than that, where do you expect this report to be printed (on a printer attached to what machine)? Are you using php for creating web pages that include data from a Progress application? If so, then the print would execute on your Web Server and not the client that is used to look at the data....

Paul

alexbo

Looks to me that the aderb folder is not in the ProPath of your client session that is executed through prophp, so that would be the place to checkl
Thank you Paul for replying me; I'll check against ProPath to see what happens;

I believe that prophp uses a character Progress client?
Yes, since prophp is on the same server that acts as a Progress server and as a Apache httpd server too, the .p procedure runs as a background process inside _progres.exe.

If that is the case you may also want to check whether the Report Builder functionality is supported at all (because as far as I can remember it is available in GUI Progress only)
Yes, I think this could be the main issue...

Other than that, where do you expect this report to be printed (on a printer attached to what machine)?
The report has just a remote network shared printer selected in it, defined like \\server\printer.

Are you using php for creating web pages that include data from a Progress application?
Yes and no... I use prophp to give users a sort of gateway to interact with progress apps, using easier instruments like a web browser.

If so, then the print would execute on your Web Server and not the client that is used to look at the data....
I've done this from the beginning as your advice.

Thank you, I'll let you know if I'll have success.
--
regards, Alex