Invalid Account Code (General Ledger)

Wilme

I've got a problem right now with a GL account. We are able to run the transaction reports menu fine with no problems for this account, but when we use 25.13.1 to create a transaction for this account, we get a "invalid account code" message and can't proceed. We checked to see if the account is setup properly and it is. We have no idea what happened to this account because everything looks to be correct. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is or can give any ideas on where I can look to fix this problem? We are using MFG/PRO version 9.0

Thanks.

Wilme

Yes, the account is still active. The active flag is set it yes. It's only for this account as well. Not too sure why.

Hi
What is the MFG/PRO version?
Is it possible that the account you are trying to use is defined in 25.24 General Ledger Control, as Profit/Loss Account (BS)? If yes, this is your answer. If no, let's go further ... :)
Are you trying to posat an entry with account only, or with subaccount/CC/project as well? If yes, are your account ranges correct?
Just a test: Try setting the flag Verify GL Accounts to No in your 36.1 Control file and see the result.
Good luck!
32Soft Inc., an Official QAD Subcontractor
Need GL Report Writer reports on the Web/Excel?
Check 32WebReport at http://www.32soft.com/our-solutions/financial-solutions/financial-web-report/[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

mcmpjr

Hello everyone,

Just want to thank you first for approving my registration. :)

By the way, I also have the same problem. I tried to view 25.24 and accidentally put the AP Voucher account code in the Profit & Loss (BS) space and hit F1. Then tried to post all the unposted transactions. Then I got that "invalid account" displayed after each account code. How will I correct this?

And also, should the account in the P&L (BS) in 25.24 be the code for the current year's retained earnings?

Sorry guys, never really had proper training on this system :eek:. I hope you could help me out so I can finish my report.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers! :blush:
Maria