Question Integrate Crystal Report to Webspeed

nguyen.hoang

Is there any way to integrate Crystal Report to Webspeed web application ? If there is no way, is there any official source states that ?

RealHeavyDude

Yes - there are many ways that you can integrate CR with WebSpeed - but it all depends on what platform you are running the WebSpeed Broker and what it is that you want to achieve. Therefore I don't believe that you will get any references to sources that state either unless you reveal some more information.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavydude.

nguyen.hoang

Thanks, RealHeavydude. Our system is on Linux platform. And we want to create a reporting web application, so that business users can log in and execute pre-defined reports, export them to xls, pdf ... Is this possible ? If yes please show me some initial steps.

Marian EDU

One option will be to go with their 'Java/Eclipse' version (http://www54.sap.com/solution/sme/software/analytics/crystal-reports-eclipse/) and expose reports in a Java application server by accessing application data through JDBC. If you have some application business logic that already 'prepare' data for your reports you might want to try going the XML data source route, save the application data in XML (dataset/temp-table) and use XML as data source (you'll have to design against a 'sample' XML and then change the data source at runtime). Otherwise there is one option that might be of interest (be aware, shameless plug ahead), use the application business logic instead of raw database access using plain 4gl through application server by using this neat JDBC driver I've wrote - http://www.ganimede.ro/cms/lang/en-us/products/abl-jdbc/overview/

Anyway, if you do not have already crystal reports designed nor you're forced to go with that solution you might as well consider one of the open-source reporting engines out-there: Birt, Jasper Reports, Pentaho.

Marian

nguyen.hoang

It's great if I can write the report web application in Java. But I have to do it in Webspeed. Anyway, thanks for your help, Marian.

Marian EDU

Well, it was my assumption that using Webspeed your client is actually a browser and will make little to no difference for it if the content is streamed by Webspeed or by a Java application server but guess the assumption was wrong ;)

When using 'integration' in a web-based application the easiest thing I can think of is portlets, the client shouldn't care who is going to produce that content.