Insufficient disk space or Write access denied. (291)

JvdB

Hi Peggers,

One of my collegues is getting this error:

Insufficient disk space or Write access denied. (291)

A PROGRESS process did not find sufficient disk space to continue processing. Common problems associated with lack of disk space are user temporary files (which are deleted at the end of the PROGRESS session) and large before-image (.bi) files. Make space in the file system that caused the error and rerun your procedures. Another cause is that write permission is not allowed for the specified file.
O

Does anybody know what can cause this even though there is more then 1Gig still free on the disk. Also it has nothing to do with a deleted db-owner.

Thnx already,

Crittar

Could you supply a few more details please?

The obvious question here is: You aren't trying to write to a table or directory that you don't have permission for, are you?

Has one of your database files exceeded 2GB on UNIX?

Alternatively, could your 1GB of "free space" be used up by temporary files and then released before you checked it. This could be solved by setting the -T parameter for your session.

JvdB

Thnx All

Thnx for the replies all,

From what my colleagues told me the remarks in the replies are not the case. Since I know nothing of this subject I told my colleagues that if they want more info from you guys they should provide some more info on the subject. (or post a message here themselves ;) )

Thnx again.