Question Import SSL Certificate from CA to AppServer

jamesmcfly

Hi all,

Currently we got project that includes using CA signed SSL Certificate. We received .ppk, .crt and .csr file from our client, which they acquired from GeoTrust. There is no .pk1 nor .pk10 file generated during the process.
I wonder if I can use this private key and certificate to import to the appserver so I can activate the AppServer with SSL using that private key and certificate.

I can import the certificate using certutil -import X.crt and I got the .0 file. But I still cannot generate the .pem file from the private key (and certificate) using the pkiutil -import command. I got this error: A private key for keystore entry <alias> does not exist

Inside the .ppk
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

.crt
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

.csr
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

It would be very helpful if someone can give me some directions.

Thank you

Christofer

jamesmcfly

Hi all,

I have tried the following:

I put the files in $DLC/keys then rename the .ppk file into .pem file. I import the the certificate using the pkiutil -import X X.crt. The .pem file now contains the private key and the certificate.

Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED

However I still got another error in the appserver.broker.log file that it fails: com.progress.ubroker.ssl.InvalidKeyException: Invalid private key input data.

Note: The private key in the .ppk is initially not encrypted (there is no "Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED header). I use openssl function to add encryption to the private key, so that it has the Encryption header.

RealHeavyDude

You need a PEM file - not PPK. Never had anything to do with PPK so I can't tell much about it. The PEM file must contain the private and public key and mine look like this:

Code:
Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED
DEK-Info: DES-EDE3-CBC,AE5B215F1F83959D

I've just copied into the $DLC/key without any request and importing and we are fine. Probably you should look into converting PPK into PEM.