Identify which OCXs using the WRXs files

Dan Dragut

Hi everyone,

Is there any method to identify which OCX(s) are used by somehow analysing the WRX file(s)?

I am trying to idenfity from all the WRXs that our application is using, which OCX files are used.

Thanks,
Dan

bendaluz2

dont think so, but..

if you can find a program to do grep in windows, or write yourself something in progress to extract lines that contain

OCXINFO:CREATE-CONTROL

from all your source files (*.w). This will return you lines that look like:

/* PrtGrp OCXINFO:CREATE-CONTROL from: {8BD21D30-EC42-11CE-9E0D-00AA006002F3} type: ComboBox */

Then, search the registry for the key, in this case:

8BD21D30-EC42-11CE-9E0D-00AA006002F3

This will tell you the control that is used.

hth

Dan Dragut

yup, it kinda works :)

Hi Bendaluz2,

Actually, I think I will better look into the .wrx file itself, as some of the programs are not made using UIB and look for all the {...} keys...

I just did a test and it kind of works; I mean I found the key, and the name of the OCX should be into the 'Control' subkey; the only problem is that for the status bar, there was no value, but that's not that bad... And there is also the situation where the OCX wasn't registered on my machine...

Thank a lot, anyway, I have now a path to follow :)

Dan

Axel

I solved this problem with a little C++ programm at least for windows. If you need a solution for windows I could send this tool to you by mail.

The location of the ocx is displayed, all wrx-files and which wrx references which ocx etc.

Axel

Originally posted by Dan Dragut
Hi everyone,

Is there any method to identify which OCX(s) are used by somehow analysing the WRX file(s)?

I am trying to idenfity from all the WRXs that our application is using, which OCX files are used.

Thanks,
Dan