I don't want window code rearranged

Hi -- Is there a way to prevent OpenEdge 11.6 from moving code for Frames around?

For example, if you make a UI change (like change a simple combo-box property) in Frame 9, then the whole code block for Frame 9 is moved up, among other frames. So then if you do a file diff with previous version, it can look like there were a whole bunch of changes that you didn't make.

Can this be turned off?

Attachments

• 1627506392105.png
    1627506392105.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Osborne

I am not sure on this. Is the problem that you make an amendment using the AppBuilder and when saved the code for the frame definitions is in a different order?

If so, then this does seem to happen and am not sure if it can be turned off. One solution I apply is in "List Objects" click each frame in order then select "Move to top":

1627548905864.png

When saved this ensures the frames are saved in a natural order:
Code:
/* ************************  Frame Definitions  *********************** */

DEFINE FRAME Frame1
    WITH 1 DOWN NO-BOX KEEP-TAB-ORDER OVERLAY
         SIDE-LABELS NO-UNDERLINE THREE-D
         AT COL 1 ROW 1
         SIZE 80 BY 16.

DEFINE FRAME Frame2
    WITH 1 DOWN KEEP-TAB-ORDER OVERLAY
         AT COL 14 ROW 2.9
         SIZE 57 BY 12.14
         TITLE "Frame 2".

DEFINE FRAME Frame3
         AT COL 14 ROW 2.9
         SIZE 57 BY 12.14
         TITLE "Frame 3".

DEFINE FRAME Frame4
         AT COL 14 ROW 2.9
         SIZE 57 BY 12.14
         TITLE "Frame 4".

/* *********************** Procedure Settings ************************ */

Thanks for your reply, but that doesn't really work for a huge legacy .w file like the one I'm working on, and all of the revisions that are in the repo. Even manually putting frames back in order still make it nearly impossible to do an accurate comparison, due to all the other controls it moves around. Here's another screen shot after I simply added a single button and nothing more. This screen shot is just a drop in the bucket, as this mess goes on for thousands and thousands of lines of code within the same file.

Is there a better place to ask questions?

1632324818888.png

Last edited: