How to preview Crystal Report report via 4GL?

Hi all,

Crystal report 11 connect to Oracle database (Ora 10g), how can I preview it via Progress 4GL?
Does anyone have sample code about this?

thank in advance!

Prajan

Hi
To preview a Crystal Report via 4GL, first of all create an xml file from .p program and use that xml file in the CR. You have an option to use that xml file being created. Then after making the CR, you need an ocx file to view that CR from the .p program that you have used.

Prajan

Hi Prajan,

Do you have sample code about that? And what ocx file to view CR? Plz help me, iam facing this problem

thank in advance

Prajan

Hi
Well regarding the xml, you have to create your own xml according to your requirement. If you are able to generate an xml, then your most of the problem will be solved. By the way which version of progress are you using. If its openedge 10.1A then you have the functions to automatically generate your xml. I think you should go for 10.1A or any other that generates the xml. First try generating the xml. The ocx file is not a problem if you first display the xml in the CR. Later then you can go for the ocx file.

prajan

Hi Prajan,

Iam using OE 10.0B, I just know create xml file by .p program, I dont know OE can generate to xml file. Your mean I create xml file before then design CR report and the last preview that report?

ps: my problem is still i cant preview CR report via 4GL!

thank in advance