how to get lexmark printer language template?

sharkdim

hi all,
i want to get lexmark printer language templete
as you know,the ZPL printer language is supported by Zebra barcode printer,
like :
^XA--------start command
^FO22,30^BY2,2,38^BCN,,N,N,N^FD COO2 PN MFGID DELLDATE SN ^FS
^FO40,71^A0,24,32^FD COO2 - PN - MFGID - DELLDATE - SN ^FS
^FO45,98^BY2,2,38^BCN,,N,N,N^FD REV ^FS
^FO43,140^A0,24,32^FDREV REV ^FS
^FO240,125^A0,24,32^FDMade in COUNTRY ^FS
^PQ PRNQTY
^XZ--------end command

but who can tell me how to get lexmark printer language templete?
or tell me which print software can support lexmark printer?

i know codesoft/bartender are not supportted lexmark printer!

thanks a lot

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Possible ways is to create an PDF document using PDFinc and then embed barcode fonts into the PDF. Problem is trying to find a free/cheap barcode font.

The other way (if the Lexmark printer supports it) is to create the RAW PCL code to create the print document with the Barcode. Try and google for hp_barcd.p.

Or use vpxPrint (very good but WIN32 only) .

sharkdim

thanks for your replay,

the lexmark printer supports the PCL language,but i have no any experience for PCL, i think it can be used by unix/win32,and it is a good way,but i google for hp_barcd.p,i can not find it, could you help me to send it or give me any examples,
thanks a lot
yours Nemo

Possible ways is to create an PDF document using PDFinc and then embed barcode fonts into the PDF. Problem is trying to find a free/cheap barcode font.

The other way (if the Lexmark printer supports it) is to create the RAW PCL code to create the print document with the Barcode. Try and google for hp_barcd.p.

Or use vpxPrint (very good but WIN32 only) .

sphipp

You could generate an HTM file using a barcode font. I have used this to create simple barcoded forms. The advantage is that HTML is easy to use and easy to generate.

There is a free Code39 barcode font around that works very well. I don't have a link to it but I downloaded a free font about a year ago.

An example of a simple HTML file that can be generated in Progress is
Code:
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
Code 39<br>
<font face="code 39">Code39</font>
</body>
</html>

Of course, the <font> tag has been depreciated so it is probably better to use CSS - create the same thing in Word and save it as an HTML file, that way you can replicate the document from Progress. <font> is a lot quicker and easier to use, though.

The trick then is to print the file from a browser to the correct printer.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Here is a Link to HP PCL manual: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13210/bpl13210.pdf

Currently I use PCL for our letters and reports from our legacy application.
I found the PCL complex and very time consuming. I have not yet found the required example of printing barcodes using PCL.

I think the best result is to use the PDFInclude library and then use ghostscript to convert the PDF into PCL. Because this can run on both Linux/Windows. Plus it's FREE. Possibly the only thing to need to pay for is a Barcode font whch can be embeded into a PDF Document.

Q: What OS platform are you using?
Q: What barcode type are to entending to use? (EAN 13, Interveal 128 etc)

Possible alternative is to get a Kyocera Laser Printer (don't ask which model) which has it's own KPDL print Language which also it's has it's own inbuilt barcode engine. Many years ago I programmed one of these to print barcode onto sticky labels. As I remember it was not complicated to learn it's own printing language.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Ah, yes, Kyoceras were wonderful to work with doing forms! I did a bunch of neat things with them including burning two images of signatures onto a card in the printer and not only composing the whole check, but signing them!

sharkdim

A1: win2003 server
A2:code 128 ,code 39 and code 93full
ps:
the PCL templete is a good way to create a new barcode for lexmark printer.
it can be supportted by os win/unix,
so i think for this type printer we must find a good way to create the PCL templete.

thanks a loooot.
yours nemo

Here is a Link to HP PCL manual: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13210/bpl13210.pdf

Currently I use PCL for our letters and reports from our legacy application.
I found the PCL complex and very time consuming. I have not yet found the required example of printing barcodes using PCL.

I think the best result is to use the PDFInclude library and then use ghostscript to convert the PDF into PCL. Because this can run on both Linux/Windows. Plus it's FREE. Possibly the only thing to need to pay for is a Barcode font whch can be embeded into a PDF Document.

Possible alternative is to get a Kyocera Laser Printer (don't ask which model) which has it's own KPDL print Language which also it's has it's own inbuilt barcode engine. Many years ago I programmed one of these to print barcode onto sticky labels. As I remember it was not complicated to learn it's own printing language.