Help Me.........

vijayshankar

Hello ,

I ve got a situation.
It's like this.
I have 5 depots (in diff parts of the country) who all do the same process.
But one depot (say X) takes an eternity to load a dr/cr upload.
The dr/cr note is an extraction which has to be uploaded.
Now. i have checked the extracion sent to this depot and found it no diff to the other depots' extraction . The configuration of the computers are also the same.
All the depots use the same program (same version and all) to upload the dr/cr note.
While the other depots take about 30 mins to upload the depot X takes an incredibly 4 hrs!!.

Please help me.
I am at my wits end..

ddavis

We'd like to help with this, but you can't say the sites are all the same. You have to find the difference.

I'm assuming you are transferring a file to the location and at that location are running some form of import which happens in 30 minutes at all the sites but one where it takes 4 hours. You're using the same file, same os, same progress version, and the transfer is ruled out as part of the problem.

There are either load differences on the hardware doing the import (perhaps a time of day difference), configuration differences that impact performance, or there is data difference at the one site that makes the import a slower process (perhaps there is more data, making a repetitive load process slower to find some supporting record). You have to focus on what it is that is different and try to narrow it down.

Hope that helps,

DD