Has anyone else received an LBA latelly?

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
So I just been asked to fill out a 'Progress Software License Baseline Activity (LBA)' this is the first time ever I've had to something like this.

It made me wonder if it's possible to created some sort of automated tool/script generated the needed information.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Be careful.

This is basically a fishing expedition looking to trick you into saying something that they will twist into new licenses (they have a quota).

So far as I know nobody has ever successfully submitted one without a subsequent (quite possibly baseless) finding that they are somehow under- licensed.

RealHeavyDude

We received one some time in the summer last year. We have ignored it. Progress tried some time to insist on it by contacting different people within our organization but with no luck.

But, then again, since I am working in a big Swiss bank, everything that is happening within the bank is top secret and NOT supposed to be disclosed to anybody ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
They tried that automated tool approach at one point. But that just told them the truth -- most people are properly licensed.

It is much more profitable to ask vague, leading questions and hope that the letter gets delegated to someone who doesn't really know how to answer these sorts of questions.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Since I was going on Holiday very soon I did not want to have it lingering over my head so I just quickly did it. I'm not worry about the whole thing only because I believe that we are now over licensed.

The reason is that we did have an old CHUI legacy backend application with a web frontend and now the companies business has changed direction on what we do I created from the ground up a new Customer Web Portal Application that is fitting well within our Licences.