• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question Getting Warning Error Kindly Help Me

Code:
DEFINE TEMP-TABLE tt NO-UNDO
   FIELD f1 AS CHARACTER
   FIELD f2 AS CHARACTER

CREATE tt. f1 = "AAA".
CREATE tt. f1 = "BBB".

OPEN QUERY q FOR EACH tt.

DEF BROWSE br
   QUERY q
   DISPLAY f1 f2
   ENABLE f2
   WITH SIZE 50 BY 10.

FORM br WITH FRAME f.

ENABLE ALL WITH FRAME f.
/* I get a warning here: **SENSITIVE is not a queryable attribute for FILL-IN f2. (4052) */

MESSAGE f2:SENSITIVE IN BROWSE br
VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFO BUTTONS OK.

WAIT-FOR GO OF FRAME f.

Any workarounds are appreciated!

Osborne

As per the message I do not think it is possible to use that attribute for a browse cell.

Because the cell is set as enabled then you know it is sensitive when the browse is so just check if the browse is:
Code:
MESSAGE "f2 sensitive?" br:SENSITIVE VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFO BUTTONS OK.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You can check if the browse cell is enabled, but you have to find the handle to it and it's quite tricky to explain. The point is, there's probably a much simpler way of doing what you want, but you'll need to explain what you want to do.

You can check if the browse cell is enabled, but you have to find the handle to it and it's quite tricky to explain. The point is, there's probably a much simpler way of doing what you want, but you'll need to explain what you want to do.
It's a functionality to edit the cell in the browse and that data should save in the temp-table .
It's working as expected but getting warning error **SENSITIVE is not a queryable attribute for FILL-IN f2. (4052) .
any workaround to remove the warning error ?
Thanks!

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The work-around, actually a fix for poor code, is not to look at f2:sensitive. f2 is a character field on a temp table, it is not a handle.

The work-around, actually a fix for poor code, is not to look at f2:sensitive. f2 is a character field on a temp table, it is not a handle.
Sorry for the Confusion. Actually when i execute below code, getting an error **SENSITIVE is not a queryable attribute for FILL-IN f2. (4052) .
is there anyway i can reprogram below code such way that field F2 should be editable and should not trigger an Warning Error
DEFINE TEMP-TABLE tt NO-UNDO
FIELD f1 AS CHARACTER
FIELD f2 AS CHARACTER

CREATE tt. f1 = "AAA".
CREATE tt. f1 = "BBB".

OPEN QUERY q FOR EACH tt.

DEF BROWSE br
QUERY q
DISPLAY f1 f2
ENABLE f2
WITH SIZE 50 BY 10.

FORM br WITH FRAME f.