Forum Post: Update Rollbase 3.1.3 To 4.0.0 Using Sql Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jorrit

Hi Guys, I try to update my local machine with Rollbase from version 3.1.3 to 4.0 for some testing. i followed these steps: Download the latest Rollbase binary from http://www.progress.com/products/rollbase/try-it/private-cloud This should be composed of rollbase.zip, lib.zip and webapps.zip, available in the "Files" section Do NOT download the automatic installer as these are only to use with new installations Download as well from the "Database Updates" section any SQL file(s) available to migrate to the latest version (e.g. if you are upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2 that would be the 2.0.0.3, 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 update files) Shut down the Tomcat instance that is powering Rollbase Make a backup copy of Rollbase config directory Uncompress lib.zip in Tomcat's lib directory Uncompress webapps.zip in Tomcat's webapps directory In Tomcat's webapps directory, delete the master, rest, rss, storage, workflow, prod1, router, search and webapi directories Uncompress rollbase.zip in Rollbase directory. Note that this will overwrite files such as license file, general configuration Restore the Rollbase config files to their original location If there was any relevant database update SQL file: Edit each file and only keep the part relevant to your DBMS Apply each SQL file to your DBMS in order (e.g. if you are upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2, run the 2.0.0.3 update first, then the 2.1.0 update and finally the 2.2.0 update) Restart Tomcat Everything is going well until I get to step 9 How can i update the OE database with the SQL scripts downloaded at step 1 (update_3_2_0.sql and update_4_0_0.sql). Thanks in advance. Jorrit

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.