Forum Post: Re: Replacing Treeview Ocx With 64 Bit .net Tree View.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nix1016

Thanks for your replies. The issue I have is that the .w which currently has the OCX is a browse .w file that is embedded into another frame .w which is a complex screen that has multiple folders/tabs calling different files. If I'm to use the .NET treeview, then do I need to embed the browse .w into a new .Net form which is then embedded into the frame .w or is that not possible and I would need to replace the entire frame .w with the .Net form? If the latter then it is probably not feasible as there is just too much to change. Is there another option that I can go with? I had a look and found Pure4GLTV which is basically a clone of the MS Treeview OCX but it seems that it's built using adm2 and we're currently using adm1 so that doesn't seem feasible. Also I'm not 100% sure that I can no longer still use the MS Treeview OCX, I simply assumed so after reading this post. However, when I open up the file in 64bit version 11.5 app builder, it gives me the error 'Specified ActiveX control is not registered or the .ocx file was moved from where it was registered'. But I can still see a CTreeview control (C:\windows\system32\dmocx.dll) from the list of OCX controls and once added to my browse .w file, it compiles without any issues. It is only when running, I'm getting errors saying that the methods are not available, i.e. 'Invalid component-handle referenced while processing method/statement:Notes', for a simple call such as chCFTreeView:TreeView:Nodes:Clear.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.