Forum Post: Re: Add users to my Rollbase app

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wood

First, none of this matters in the private-cloud Rollbase instances - there each instance has its own independent user store. In hosted RollBase at Progress Pacific, each user must have a unique ProgressID. And because the ProgressID logs you into "your" correct project, then you can't be part of two at the same time - hence the need for the second ProgressID. Currently (feb 2014), emails need to be unique across the ProgressID space. Both of the above are enhancement that the pacific team is looking at solving, but right now the "usual" solution is to have the second account use a different email - this could be a new unique email, or an alias that your email server supports. (E.g. Perhaps the ail server supports first.last@email.com vs fname@email.net vs fname@email.net.). I don't recall seeing the "unique email" as an Idea for RollBase on Community, but if it not there it would be good to add and better to vote on. Sorry my response could not say something more positive. But have a Happy Groundhog Day ... and post the same question tomorrow. But if you do I will post the same response. ;-D=

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.