Forum Post: AW: Progress ABL = SQL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Fechner

It will only translate it into SQL, when running against a SQL data server (Oracle, ODBC, ...). For the OpenEdge DB this is not done. The proof would be Gus' shirt from a few years back with the C source code of for each customer. Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet Von: Nigel Allen Gesendet: ‎03.‎06.‎2015 07:24 An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] Progress ABL = SQL? Progress ABL = SQL? Thread created by Nigel Allen Greetings Just had an interesting "discussion" with a colleague of mine. He insists that when you run a progress query from the tram tracks, such as f or each customer no-lock: display name. end. Progress converts the query to SQL before running it. I argued that it did not - that it run native code and if in fact you entered a sql query, that would be converted to native code before running. Any input from the cognescenti (that I demonstrably prove) would be gratefully accepted - I could be quids/beers in here! Nigel. Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.