Fingerprint

rguerrer

Hello everybody.

I need your help and expierience... We are looking the way to work with fingerprinters, and make an application to recognize the fingerprinter from our clients.. and manage like an ID.

Does anyone know how to do it with 4gl?? I know that the hardware to read fingerprinter has a software but then how can I manage with 4gl?

Thanks.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
The hardware manufacture has a SDK download package. Install the SDK and sometimes there is some 'Visual Basic' or '.NET' example code. Often there is an ActiveX/OCX/DLL control to interface with the hardware device.

Without knowing the manufacture of the fingerprint recognition device it's hard to help you out much more.

About 9 years ago, Kingtson (Makers of RAM) had a device, but they stored the fingerprint information there own mini database and they provided and API calls to the device. It was very complicated and did not work very well. Technology has moved on and thing have improved.

Hope this helps.

dayv2005

Yeah this is something that would be nice to know how to do. I mean we dont need it in our company but it's just another one of those things that would be pretty nice to know how to do.