Eclipse - keys being disabled in certain code sections

regulatre

You're going to think i'm crazy, but the eclipse/architect editor is acting really strange. It's exhibiting the following behavior:

Hitting enter at the end of a line does not trigger a new line - instead it does nothing.

pressing the dot key results in no dot being inserted - instead it does nothing.

space bar not working, pressing it has no affect

It does this in both p-files and w-files (the only two types I've tried opening). They are files within my project. I closed architect and re-opened it and it does the same thing!

Earlier I kept getting an error "AST UPDATE FAILED" as I was typing in the code editor.

This really sucks but I think I'm going to have to re-install.

My only thought is that maybe an automatic update failed to properly install.

regulatre

Syntax highlighting isn't working too.

My architect is all foobar'd. Definitely going to take a reinstall to fix this. What a pain.

Anybody know where the config data is stored? I couldn't find it in the registry or in usual documents and settings places. I would try deleting it so it reinitializes.

regulatre said:
You're going to think i'm crazy, but the eclipse/architect editor is acting really strange. It's exhibiting the following behavior:

Hitting enter at the end of a line does not trigger a new line - instead it does nothing.

pressing the dot key results in no dot being inserted - instead it does nothing.

space bar not working, pressing it has no affect

It does this in both p-files and w-files (the only two types I've tried opening). They are files within my project. I closed architect and re-opened it and it does the same thing!

Earlier I kept getting an error "AST UPDATE FAILED" as I was typing in the code editor.

This really sucks but I think I'm going to have to re-install.

My only thought is that maybe an automatic update failed to properly install.

Try copying your original Progress.ini (making appropriate changes to it for the new location).

See eg.

KB P108904
Title: "OpenEdge Architect: Running procedure in OpenEdge perspective displays incomplete error message 4673"

http://tinyurl.com/jmu9a

regulatre

No dice.
Thanks for the valiant effort.

Lee Curzon said:
Try copying your original Progress.ini (making appropriate changes to it for the new location).

See eg.

KB P108904
Title: "OpenEdge Architect: Running procedure in OpenEdge perspective displays incomplete error message 4673"

http://tinyurl.com/jmu9a