Dynamics Forms

arthurve

Hi....

There is any form to contruct a form with a lot of types of widgets in dynamic way?.... I´ll try to explain this... I have a file called "QUESTIONS" with a CODE_QUESTION, QUESTION_DESCRIPTION and QUESTION_DATA_TYPE. this QUESTION_DATA_TYPE could be "decimal" "editor" "logical" "image" "integer" and "Date"... in another file, the user use this cuestions to create a his own "TEST" to fill it in the future.... this is my problem, I want to create a "progress form" Dynamicly using the DATA_TYPE of a RECORD. I could use any example o any idea relative it!.... Thanks!!!!!

pako

Hi.. arthurve

do you know something, i know somebody can help you, there in mexico, his name is "winny" and there is his mail is icjuarez@hotmail.com please contact to him, or you can call him in Clinica Londres.

Regards.

:rolleyes:

jongpau

Hi arthurve,

Just use the "CREATE WIDGET" statement.
For instance:
Code:
DEF VAR lhHandle AS HANDLE NO-UNDO.
CREATE EDITOR lhHandle
       ASSIGN FRAME         = FRAME YourFrame:HANDLE
              DATA-TYPE     = questions.question_data_type
              FORMAT        = questions.question_format
              WIDTH-PIXELS  = someintegervariable
etc
Or if you REALLY want to do it dynamically:
Code:
DEF VAR lhHandle AS HANDLE NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR lcType   AS CHAR   NO-UNDO.

lcType = "FILL-IN". /* or any other type */
CREATE VALUE(lcType) lhHandle
       ASSIGN FRAME         = FRAME YourFrame:HANDLE
              DATA-TYPE     = questions.question_data_type
              FORMAT        = questions.question_format
              WIDTH-PIXELS  = someintegervariable
etc
Use the Progress docs/help for info on setting attributes, creating triggers etc.
HTH.

A

athurve

thanks, but another question

HI... Thanks for your help. But I´ve another question: I want to know how to calculate the width of a tex in pixels to assign it as a label to a dynamic fill-in, in order to show it beside this dynamic fill-in (like a normal label)....