DocxFactory 1.2.5

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
Hello All,

Just released version 1.2.5 of the Free DocxFactory Project.

Version 1.2.5 introduces several major enhancements –
  • Support for the entire list of more than 70 chart types in Microsoft Word.
  • A single XML and JSON merge function.
  • Support for multiple sections for supporting different page sizes and page orientations.
I have already started work on support for generating OpenOffice/LibreOffice documents directly (without conversion) that will give perfect results on UNIX/Linux for conversion to PDF, HTML etc. and printing.

I have also decided that the next release of the Free DocxFactory project will be open sourced!

screenshot_chart1.png

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi

I've been following the progress of the DocxFactory and I was wondering if there was a PowerPoint generator tool in the pipe-line.

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
Hello Cecil! :)

The next thing coming out this year is a Javascript crud framework called breadjs.com.

The next thing after that is a new binary version of the Excel generator tool that will be 300x times faster besides lots of other features.

Do you have any specific use case for PowerPoint?

Besides that my weekends are pretty full :)

Last edited:

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi,
Okay, I have a user requirement where analysis and mangers present dozens of presentations monthly/weekly and even daily.

The current process to extract information from an Oracle Database into a spreadsheet(s) then have complex excel tables automatically present into a high level summary. This summary excel table is then manually OLE into a PowePoint presentation which is then emailed to a manager and 2nd round of critiquing.

They want an automated way to generated the PowerPoint presentation with data straight from the database.

Unfortunately it does have to be MS PowerPoint I have suggested alternatives web base HTML presentation tools, but to know luck.