DDL to DF

andrew4

Hello,

I have some DDL files (.sql). When I run them in procedure editor, it creates tables with "s" flag (SQL table). So, my first question, what exactly are the differences between native Progress tables and those "s" flaged SQL tables?
And second, where can I find a tool that transform from the DDL (.sql) into Progress .df ?
Thank you very much for your answers!

vizier3

hi,
Try not to create table using Procedure editor. Those 's' flagged table would give u problems later. You will find that u won't be able to edit the table in SQL Explorer and also Progress Database tools like Data Dictionary. You won't be able to add 4GL triggers or stored procedure in the table also. It is better to create tables using Data Dictionary. :)

regards,
Sean

andrew4

vizier3 said:
hi,
Try not to create table using Procedure editor. Those 's' flagged table would give u problems later. You will find that u won't be able to edit the table in SQL Explorer and also Progress Database tools like Data Dictionary. You won't be able to add 4GL triggers or stored procedure in the table also. It is better to create tables using Data Dictionary. :)

regards,
Sean

thanks for the answer, sean.
yes, you're right, only by ddl I can change the schema later on.
but i have those ddl files (a lot of them) with a lot of tables and fields (some of the fileds names are progress reserved keywords - so, another pain in the ... ) and I have to create a progress database with them.
so, I made them SQL tables, because it's easier to create the database like this...
thanks again...