daylight savings time

RayMcManus

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure if this is Progress related, but we've currently had a problem with our customers' TNET time not automatically move with Daylight Savings Time. I wasn't sure if this is a Progress problem, since the regular Windows time changed accordingly, but the time in our software didn't.

Ray

U

Unregistered

We had the same issue this morning. We shutdown out databases and brought them back up and the time change was acknowledged.

Not sure why, still working on that.

RayMcManus

Unfortunately, I tried that here and things are still the same. I even tried rebooting the both the main server and my own computer.

What's strange is that everything worked okay in the fall.

Could it have to do with the version of Progress I'm running (8.3B)?

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
This is a Progress bug, when Daylight Savings falls on the first day of the month. The workaround is to change the Timezone to be one hour ahead. This will "correct" itself on April 8th.

bogall

We've found that this is really a MS problem that has to do with a library member that is linked into all version up until Ver 9.

It has to do with the regional settings and the way in which the routine converts from GMT to local REGIONAL time.

One workaround is to turnoff regional on the NT box and set the time to actual. There are other workarounds that involve code changes.

see Kbase Id:

Good Luck!