Datatype format

Shubham Pipada

Hello all! I am new to Progress language and QAD. I want to ask that in a maintainance screen, a field is logical and i have given its format as "0/1".But in code i have written yes or no wherever required and when i run the program, and enter 0/1 it correctly picks up the conditions. For this program, i have written a CIM program with same conditions. And the .csv file which i am gonna take as input file also has data as 0/1 for those logical fields. But when I run the cim program, the cim is failing(not getting created) due to the yes/no and 0/1 thing. So can someone please help me with this?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
You would have better luck asking QAD specific questions in the QAD forum. CIM is very much a QAD specific thing.

Personally I know next to nothing about CIM. I suspect that it uses IMPORT format to read the CSV which would be ignorant of your 0/1 coding. If that is correct then you should change the CSV to use y/n instead.

You say "due to the yes/no and 0/1 thing". Is that because you got an error message that you have not shared? Maybe something like:

** Input value: 1 should be yes/no. (87)

Shubham Pipada

You would have better luck asking QAD specific questions in the QAD forum. CIM is very much a QAD specific thing.

Personally I know next to nothing about CIM. I suspect that it uses IMPORT format to read the CSV which would be ignorant of your 0/1 coding. If that is correct then you should change the CSV to use y/n instead.

You say "due to the yes/no and 0/1 thing". Is that because you got an error message that you have not shared? Maybe something like:

** Input value: 1 should be yes/no. (87)
Ya Tom this is the exact message:** Input value: 1 should be yes/no. (87) that i get