Datadictionary

BlubBlub

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is there a way to find out in a Progress 6.3 [I know it's old and unsupported, but my customer is using it] a listing of user-defined functions in the datadictionary.

The files on disk are all xcoded and I don't know a way to de-xcode that stuff either :/

I only have the runtime, so I know I have to xcode and compile stuff [what does not scare me] but I don't want to use insert/update statements as google told me it's not a GoodPractice[tm] to do that on such an old version.

A link or something would be nice,

Tnx,

BlubBlub

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
User defined functions weren't introduced until version 8.2. So you must mean something else.

Nothing about using such an old version is good practice so I don't quite understand why insert/update would be any worse than anything else :confused:

Perhaps if you explained a little more about what you're trying to do we could be of more help.

BlubBlub

User defined functions weren't introduced until version 8.2. So you must mean something else.

Nice - I tought there were [not that much knowledge of the system, but I have to work on it]

Nothing about using such an old version is good practice so I don't quite understand why insert/update would be any worse than anything else :confused:

Perhaps if you explained a little more about what you're trying to do we could be of more help.

Well - I've been extracting data from the planning-invoicing utility [in progress] [december/january] to mysql from where it's transported to a mobile client.

Now I have to set the data of the mobile client back to the planning utility so that the invoices can be created.

The problem for not upgrading is my customer. The application he's using is not yet ported to a newer version of progress and that application is something he insists of keeping to use.

Well, let's adapt us to the customer in that case :)

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Trying to enhance the functionality of an application that old without having source code is bound to be an extremely fatiguing and frustrating process, if not hopeless. You say the application has not been ported to a newer version? Does that mean that the application was purchased from a VAR and the VAR has gone belly up? Was there a source code escrow?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Your customer has xcoded source so they could actually upgrade. They might need to deal with keyword conflicts by using the "keyword forget list" and it's possible (but unlikely) that the application relies on some bug or other that got fixed between v6 and oe10 but, in general, it should be very possible to upgrade them.