Data type for parameter 2 has changed since first SQLExecute call.

MiKman

I'm using a third party program to load some data into an SQL 92 progress database using the MERANT ODBC PROGRESS driver 9.1C and a few of the tables load fine, but on one particular table I get the following error, is it a bug, and is there something I can do to fix it?

ERROR: [MERANT][ODBC PROGRESS driver]Data type for parameter 2 has changed since first SQLExecute call.
SQLExecute: INSERT INTO test_table3 VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
Parameters:

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Mike

MiKman

More errors

I was able to change some settings on the 3rd party application to get past the first error. I changed a preference within the application from batch commit to single commit. It was significantly slower but no error.

Anyhow I have been able to load all the tables in the db with data except for one table. I have seen the following two errors, after it gets part of the way through loading some of the data:

1) This error I checked the definition and the field it's complaining about is format (X)255 and the index is just this one field (DESCSEARCH). And the data it's attempting to load is 235 characters long, I removed the item from the list of data to get past the error. Does progress impose some sort of limitation on the size of an index?

ERROR: SQLSTATE: HY000: [MERANT][ODBC PROGRESS driver][PROGRESS]Column values too big to make key. Table PUB.FDB_MEDCONDEXTVOCABSEARCH; index IXFDBMEDCONDEXTVOCABSEARCH1
SQLExecDirect: INSERT INTO fdb_medcondextvocabsearch VALUES ...

2) This next error I have no idea what to do about I changed the default buffer size for large columns for my data source (ODBC) under the advanced tab from 2048 to 4096 but I still get the error, any ideas?

ERROR: SQLSTATE: HY000: [MERANT][ODBC PROGRESS driver][PROGRESS]Internal error -4 (buffer too small for generated key) in SQL from subsystem KEY SERVICES function keyBuild called from ix_bld_key on PUB.FDB_MEDCONDEXTVOCABSEARCH for IXFDBMEDCONDEXTVOCABSEARCH1. Save log for Progress technical support.
SQLExecDirect: INSERT INTO fdb_medcondextvocabsearch VALUES