Creating Database Updating scripts

jmac13

Hi All,

(I'm using open edge 10.2b)

I'm looking to try and script our database update procedure at the moment I'm having to manually load each df file. But I don’t really know where to start so I wonder if anyone had any examples or could point me in the right direction

Thanks

cj_brandt

must have a license which allows development
go to the $DLC/src
look if prodict directory exist - if not create with extractpl prodict.pl
look at load_df.p

JustMe

It helps if you have the dot P but it can be ran from the dot R load_df.? the dot P will let you look at the code. If you have done progress scripting before sorry, but for those of us that went though this for the first time a little more information will help. you have to have a wrapper and progress will only accept on parameter so it will need to look something like this ... (this is a dump not load, but it is same idea, different params)

my_dump_fd.p
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
/*
* good idea to put the way to call the script here
* /your/dlcpath/bpro 'db_name' -pr '/database/path/db_name.pf' -p '/path/to/script/my_dump_df.p' -param '/database/path/dump_file_name.df'
* you would think that bpro could find the -db in the dot pf, but it didn't for me :'(
* the database is on a different server thus the .pf file usage
*/

run /your/dlc/path/dump_fd.p ("ALL", input session:parameter) .
quit .
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I haven't worked the load script yet but the wrapper would be almost the same, just need the dot p to find the actual needed parameters. Keep in mind you may (or so I read ) only use one parameter for an input to the wrapper.

good luck ...

just a little more information, Steffan Drissen gave me the parameters for the dump load dot P/R files, do a search on his responses if you need that information.