Creating a dynanic dialog selection

bond007jlv

I am working on creating a dialog window with a single-selection browser. The browser will use temp-table records to display and pass a field value to the calling procedure. I have created the dialog and it works fine. I would like to resuse the dialog window for other selections without having to write another dialog window program for another temp-table. Is there a way to make the dialog window dynamic in order to be used with different temp-table record passed to it?

Would I need to crete a dynamic temp-table and query and pass the handles to the dialog window?

Thank you for your help.:confused:

jongpau

Yes, a dynamic temp-table and probably a dynamic browse would do the trick. But (unless you already have a temp-table in the calling procedure) I would create the dynamic temp-table in the dialog itself, or even better, in the appserver where you fill it with data (if you are using appservers).

bond007jlv

Thanks you the suggestions. I was able to use the dialog for any temp-table by creating and filling the temp-table in the calling procedure and passing the buffer handle and query handle to the dialog. The dialog created a browser using the buffered temp-table and query.

Thanks.
:)