CRC error after adding a user-defined field

hopea

We added a user-defined field to Syteline V5.02 using the Syteline standard utilities to do so. After "impacting" the schemas of all databases the CRC counts are different between databases. Now standard Syteline programs won't run when all databases when compiled against the main database using the symix logical db name.

We are going to create an alternate propath and compile the affected programs against the databases with bad CRC counts for now.

1) What could cause this?
2) Is there a solution besides having different sets of compiled code that doesn't involve a dump & load?

Thanks for your input.

eddiej

We are on the same version of syteline. We've encountered similiar problems. I'm guessing your getting a CRC error when you try to run these programs.

I've never used the Symix utilities to add a UDF. As I understand it, when you change a Progress DB table (add a field, index, etc.), every program that touches that table needs to be recompiled against the updated schema. I know of no way around this.

kolonuk

Actually, if you add an index, you wont get crc errors (at least in v10.1). If you then change the index or fields, then yes, you will need to recompile. this allows you to add new programs that use the database, without affecting the rest of the system.