Convert .r to .p

shankar_n

Is there a tool or application to convert a compiled .r to source .p file? If not any way to read the contents of the .r file.

jeffcoop_69

Has anyone used this service and if so does it work? We have a few files for an older legacy app that we no longer have the source and need to change some hard-coded values.

PDECODE

Yes, this process is achievable using the decompiler, but ...

The only one working PROGRESS decompiler (not decrypter) known on the world that supports versions: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10 64bit and 11 is available only here. Your link point to some Flash and other decompilers 3th party pages that have nothing to do with PROGRESS.

Last edited:

jeffcoop_69

I actually sent my .r file (only needed 1 file at the moment) to paid server site listed above and they were able to de-compile the code and provide me with the source code. After a few minor corrections for syntax and things, we have the file compiled and up and running with the legacy app. I was very impressed and if I need any other files (hopefully it's only the 1) I would be comfortable sending to them. I actually found the old de-compiler program that's also mentioned here but it was of no use to me because the .r code is version 9 of progress.